Hi team!

I'm using the process "Steel, low-alloyed {RoW}| steel production, converter, low-alloyed | Cut-off, U" to model in SimaPro steel production (because this is the technology used in my geographical area), and I would like to include 15% of recycled steel use in my inventory.

From other threads I understand that the collection and recovery of ferrous scrap is included in the ecoinvent database through the "iron scrap" recycling chain, as "scrap steel" is a waste that is sent for disposal and "iron scrap" is a recyclable that is collected and recovered for recycling. 

Yet, I have 2 questions:

1. I see that the inventory for 1kg of steel uses 0,12501kg of scrap (Iron scrap, sorted, pressed{GLO}| market for | Cut-off, U). Yet, in the process description I can also read "This process produces primary steel. Scrap is only used for cooling the liquid steel". Does the sentence quoted mean that the amount of scrap used in the process (0,12501kg) does not count for the % of total scrap used by the process? Taking into account that I want to model 15% of scrap... those 0,12501kg do not count as already using 12,5% of scrap?
  2. In order to increase the amount of scrap used to reach 15%, what changes should I do in the inventory?

Thanks in advance for the help.Best regards,Luciana