Forum for ecoinvent Version 3

ecoinvent Forum Archive

Datasets with parameters

Written on: 12.05.2020#1

Author:
Michael

Hi,

I want to use the dataset for "hard chromium coating, electroplating, steel substrate", and the description says that it is parameterized to the chromium thickness.

But changes of the value for "Cr_coating_thickness" have no effect.

I would expect that input and output amounts have formulas, but there are just specific values.

How can I make it work?

Thank you!

Regards

Written on: 14.05.2020#2

Author:
noraminas

Hi Michael,

The documentation of the dataset refers to the undefined unit process (UPR) which is parameterized. Since undefined UPRs are not handled by LCA software, you have to access the dataset in ecoQuery to get the details on the calculations. To do so, please use your ecoinvent user licence. This link might be helpful for your first log in.

As written in the documentation of the dataset the basic parameter used in the calculations is “Cr_coating_thickness”. When you look at the exchanges in the undefined UPR, you will find a mathematical relation which will allow you to adapt the amount of the exchange according to the coating thickness relevant for your project. Be aware that some of the variables used in the mathematical relations are defined in the section of the exchange properties or in the parameter section.

This should allow you to make the necessary corrections in the software.

I hope this answers your question. If you have more questions, please send an email to mailto:support@ecoinvent.org

Nora Minas, Junior Data Analyst, ecoinvent Association

Written on: 19.05.2020#3

Author:
Michael

Thanks, great!