Forum for ecoinvent Version 3

ecoinvent Forum Archive

Accessing Ecospold2 data

Written on: 02.06.2020#1

Author:
billyharriswrap

Hi all:

First post; apologies if it seems like an incredibly basic question, but I've been struggling with it. I am looking to access the LCI data from Ecoinvent 3, with the aim of pulling together some analysis in Excel; at this stage I only need to get emissions to air from a few processes.

However, I am struggling to open the ecospold2 files that I have downloaded. One thought was that I might use openLCA to convert them, but I see that openLCA does not support that format.

Can anyone recommend a way of getting the data out of ecospold2 and into Excel or a similar format where the data are easy enough to access?

I have tried the Ecoeditor, but there does not seem to be a way to open a downloaded file - when I try to open or create a database it asks for my username and password, and when I enter them gives me a message that I am not authorised to do this (which seems odd).

Any help gratefuly received.

Thanks,

Billy.

Written on: 08.06.2020#2

Author:
luciavalsasina

Dear Billy,

LCI and LCIA for the entire database are accessible for all 3 system models in excel format in the files section in ecoQuery. The files you are looking for are called LCI and LCIA cumulated matrices.

ecoEditor does allow you to open undefined UPR (i.e. unit processes before linking and allocation) ecoSpold files without the need of an account. LCI and LCIA cannot be opened in ecoSpold.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Lucia