Forum for ecoinvent Version 3

ecoinvent Forum Archive

inventories

Written on: 21.09.2020#1

Hey There,

Im currently working on an electro-mechanical project and some components such are screws, nuts, spacers, faston, shunt resistors, thermal probes, AC plug cannot be found in the database.

Please, some of my inventories are not found in the purchased database, what can  I  do to complement the  process or where can I get them? 

Written on: 23.09.2020#2

Author:
noraminas

Dear James,

To get an overview about the datasets present in the database, please have a look at the activity overview which provides you with a list of all datasets present in the current version of the database. You can filter by processes (“activity name”) or products (“product name”), ISIC and CPC classification, geographies and more. In the tab “Intermediate exchanges” you can also filter for CAS number and synonyms. Please keep in mind that ecoinvent is a background database and as such mainly contains more generic datasets. However, if you need datasets which do not exist in the database, ecoinvent also provides a good background for creating specific datasets on your own.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards

Nora Minas, Junior Data Analyst, ecoinvent Association

Written on: 24.09.2020#3

Thanks a lot.

But where can I find a link for creating my own specific datasets?

Written on: 24.09.2020#4

Author:
noraminas

Dear James,

The procedure of creating your own datasets depends on the way you are using the database and the software you use. If you do not use a software, you will have to create the dataset with your own tool.

Kind regards,

Nora