Forum for ecoinvent Version 3

ecoinvent Forum Archive

Capacity of power plants

Written on: 02.08.2021#1

Author:
sophie

Hello,I am looking for emissions from power plants in relation to the installed capacity. The values in the power plant datasets are always related to one unit. For some power plant types, I have not yet been able to find the installed capacity of this power plant unit.Specifically, I am interested in the data sets "hydropower plant construction, run-of-river, DE" and "hydropower plant construction, reservoir, non-alpine regions, RER". For the reservoir data set, I could not find the maximum capacity as well as the storage capacity (for "electricity production, hydro, reservoir" or "electricity production, hydro, pumped storage").Can you please explain to me where I can find the corresponding values and values of this type in general?Many thanks in advanceSophie

Written on: 12.08.2021#2

Dear Sophie,

The hydropower plant construction datasets for ‘hydropower plant construction, reservoir, non-alpine’ and ‘hydropower plant construction, run-of-river’ represent the total amount of materials needed to build the mentioned park of hydropower plants. For reservoir this is composed of 52 plants with a total capacity of 9130 MW and for the run-of-river the park produces a total of 15484 GWh/a which relates to the entire power plant park of Switzerland. (see the general comments of the datasets). Capacity data is available in the statistics for renewable energy of the Swiss government. Please also check out the ecoinvent v2.2 report on ‘Wasserkraft’ available in the ‘Reports’ section after logging in to Version 1 + 2 of ecoQuery. In section 11.1 you can find data on the storage capacity of the reservoir power plants.

I hope this answers your question.

Best regards,

Johannes Müller, Data Analyst, ecoinvent association