Forum for ecoinvent Version 3

Posts by cprato

Written on: 30.07.2021 go to topic

Hi, 

for Water footprint requirements we need to calculate the following scores for process, using the methods in the mentioned:

• Water Scaricity    - Pfister et al. (2009)
  • Acquatic Acidification    -    Impact 2002 + (Jolliet et al., 2005)
  • Human Toxicity   -  Ecotox (Hauschild et al., 2008)**
  • acquatic ecotoxicity   -  Ecotox (Hauschild et al., 2008)**
  • Acquatic Eutrophication   -  Recipe (Goedkoop et al., 2013)**

Are these methods present in ecoinvent? What is their reference?

Thanks

Written on: 08.06.2021 go to topic

Hi, 

geography IT has a limited availability of dataset related to land use and land use change.

This kind of information could be very useful for CFP of agriculture related company.

In my opinion most of the information necessary to produce these datasets are available at the following links:

TC-MediNet Activity Data Final Report 4-06-19.docx 

MediNet SOC Report.docx

National Inventory Report 2021 — Italiano (isprambiente.it)

Thanks, 

Carlo

Written on: 01.06.2021 go to topic

As of now, i managed to get the information i needed from ecoinvent through python code, but it was quite hard to reach this results and it would be way easier if this information was already accessible in the downloadable files.

Thanks a lot for the reply, i hope i could give a useful hint that will be taken into consideration..

Best regards, 

Carlo

Written on: 01.06.2021 go to topic

Hi, 

to get the emission factor you should check not the UPR but the LCIA results depending on a Method. For instance, if you're looking for the co2eq related to IPCC2013 GWP100a you can find this result in the LCIA.

if you are looking for the content of CO2 related to the activity, you should check the LCI results, look for the compartment of the emission (i.e. toEnvironment, to air) and you can see the different quantities of CO2 (fossil, no fossil, from biomass stock).

Hope i could help

Written on: 30.04.2021 go to topic

Hello, 

as a new user to ecoinvent, i am trying to collect data in order to use it in a software dedicated to the assessment and quantification of GHG emission of a specific production prcoess.

Ecoinvent is extraordinary for the vastity and variety of the data available, but in my opinion it is missing some results that would be really helpful for those looking to produce an analysis compliant to ISO standards ( e.g. ISO 14064, 14067 ).

Is ecoinvent considering any GHG quantification standards in the database design? If so, would it be possible to consider also the ISO?